July 17, 2011

The voice of the (not-so) voiceless.

G'day everybody, welcome to my blog. I am the armchair mouthpiece, the procrastinator of procrastinators, and the euphamistic genius. I am not in the "biz" by any stretch of the imagination, though i am a creative person in my "normal" life, and have been for my entire life, so i like to think i have a little bit of knowledge in that area. I liken myself more to a manager than a wrestler, hence the mouthpiece terminology. Hopefully armchair doesn't need explaining!
Suffice to say, i've been watching wrestling since around 1998 (my early teen years), but in the last 5 or 6 years i have been educating myself on not only the history of wrestling, especially wwF and ECW, because i was a WCW fan when i began watching, but also educating myself to some extent on the "inner workings".. ie how matches are put together, what makes a good match, the psychology of it all. Call me a smark if you want, all I know is I love wrestling, and I'm passionate enough about it to write this blog.

Enough about me though.. on to some wrestling. As you can probably tell from the title of this post, I wanted to say something about CM Punk, and this amazing storyline that is happening. I had stopped watching all current wrestling programming since wrestlemania. Then I heard about this promo Punk had done on raw, now almost 3 weeks ago.

See, here in australia, we get raw on a wednesday, not live monday. So there's time to read results if you want. So I watched a video of that first promo, and just like that, I was back into wrestling in a big way. I watched raw that week, impact that week (love what sting is doing by the way, but thats for another post), watched raw the following week, saw cena get a little attitude going.. I even ordered the destination X pay per view.

I'm not going to sit here and write the same thing that everyone is saying. Yes, CM Punk is amazing right now. I hope he's not really leaving.. but I do want to mention one part. Just one line he said that really spoke to me. "You will apologise TO ME, for THEM! I am CM Punk, and I am the voice, of the voiceless and you WILL apologise... and you will like it!!" .... my jaw dropped when he said that. I got chills. That resonated with me, as someone who has been on the receiving end of bullying, as someone who feels like his voice is never heard.. as a fan of wrestling who has been dying for a change from the pg era.  I watched Austin's 3:16 promo, then watched that part of raw again.. Punk's promo is just as good... only time will tell for sure though. So much depends on what happens in Chicago this weekend.

I feel like I want to thank CM Punk though, for being the guy to watch in a sea of not so great tv, but more personally, for getting me interested in wrestling again, because I have missed it. As I write this I'm watching the 1993 royal rumble. Grey undertaker is awesome. Giant Gonzales just walked out. Randy Orton took beard advice from him it looks like.

I dont have a catchphrase to end this yet. I'll think of one for my next post. For now, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment