July 27, 2011

Live.. and in Living Colour... get it?

I'm baaaaccckkkk....
Ok so not the same kind of thing as that other guy who said it this week, but nonetheless, the Armchair mouthpiece is back. Time for some truthfacts.

So monday has come and gone, and of course with it another Monday Night Raw. Maybe one of the most anticipated Raw's in a really long time. Everyone wanted to know what was going to happen, Triple H is in charge now, what would he do? What would he say? How would he make his mark?

I'm still confused.

I should point out again that I live in Australia, and here, we get Raw on a wednesday afternoon, so around a day and a half later than it's on in the USA. So there's this crazy little bit of time where, if one isn't careful, Raw can be spoiled, be it on Twitter, or wrestling websites and forums.  So tuesdays kinda suck for me.

Anyway, onto the wrestling.

Rey was NOT screwed. Come on.. Rey is one of those guys who I've always felt does what's right. I'm sure he's felt uncomfortable in the past with certain storylines (who's your papi springs to mind), but he had a kick-ass ladder match with one of the greatest ever, in Eddie Guerrero.

Rey was given the title so that we wouldn't see yet another Cena-Miz match. And I personally like the idea of Cena-Rey.

Any time you get big guy vs. little guy it tells a great story. Also, how hard did Rey land on Alberto Del Rio's face?!!!

But i'm still confused.

Dolph Ziggler is the f'n man right now. That new theme is great. And Evan Bourne? Is it just me, or does he have the most amazing way of getting in the ring ever?
Ziggler used the Fame-asser too. Just quickly on Dolph, I am really glad he went back to the blonde look. When i saw him come out with bland, medium dark brown hair.. it looked bad. He'd lost something.. He didn't look memorable. He kinda looked like a Randy Orton carbon copy.. So definitely much better blonde.
Also, "FOLLOW THAT!" was brilliant.
Not much else to say, Evan Bourne is amazing, dude needs more matches. I would watch him job just to see that shooting star press.

But, I'm still confused.

Why am I confused? Well.. i'm confused as to what the "state of the WWE" address was... nothing was stated or addressed, except that we all have to thank Vince. Which is damn true.

Did anyone else notice Eve kinda grabbed that Bella's boob? Also while i'm on the divas, Melina is looking good. There's also a lot of butts being shoved in faces. Kelly Kelly looks a little too orange for my taste, I'll tick with Melina. Interesting commentary from King tonight during the Divas match too.. little reminiscent of years past..

Ok back to Triple H and the state of the WWE.  I definitely marked out just a little when JR's music hit. I'm such a huge fan of his, I think he's the greatest commentator in the history of the business. And he and King have the greatest chemistry. But it appears we're getting the DX-lite version of Triple H.. the funny guy who's just having fun, and poking fun at some people. I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing at all. Could it be a slow build to a little more "attitude"? That's such a loaded word when you talk about wrestling, and the WWE. I wrote something on the wrestling.net.au forums about how I think there's some kind of happy medium between the Attitude Era (which pushed the sex stuff too far) and the PG Era (which doesn't appeal to the fans that remember the attitude era.) Hopefully this is the start of that.

Other than bringing JR back, what happened though? what did Trips talk about? John Morrison wasn't really a big surprise, we'd seen promos for his return last week on Raw. 

So what happened? He talked with R-Truth and his friends? .. Incidentally, R-Truth had the moment of the night.. "Man... you crazy!.. You're talking to people that don't exist!"... But what happened?...

Zack Ryder was on RAW!! Finally! looks like CM Punk had 2 out of 3 questions answered. Let's hope it becomes a regular thing. WWWYKI
I'm not even going to talk about Michael Cole. I HATE this gimmick of Cole as the heel. It was bad when it started. It was really bad at Wrestlemania. Now.. it's not worth mentioning.

So I guess onto the real topic at hand. Cena being the what.. 11 time champion now? Did they put the belt back on Cena too quickly? Yes, if you're going with the plans that everyone thought would happen. But, what about this? What if the WWE have a different plan, one that we fans haven't thought of? I tend to think this is all leading to something really massive. And remember, there were reports last week of something big being in the cards for Mysterio. Triple Threat to declare the undisputed WWE champion maybe? Who knows.

Everyone is really quick to jump on the wwe it seems. Oh you brought back Punk too quickly. Maybe for what YOU though was going to happen yes. But, let's look at how they brought him back. Different entrance music for one thing. For those that don't know, he used Cult of Personality in ROH for a time. That song is totally fitting right now. It gives a different feeling when he comes out, it's a different Punk. Weirdly, even though the song isn't as heavy, he has more attitude with that song.
Now don't get me wrong, I agree that this wasn't done the right way. I LOVE that music, but I would've had it appear that Raw was ending, ie Cena's music stops.. he starts making his way out of the ring.. and then you hear, Via a megaphone "I have something to say about all this"... and Punk appears either from the side of the entrance ramp, or in the crowd somewhere. Now we kinda know he's back on the roster, and you lose that whole rogue champion thing, at least for now. We will have to wait and see. But having him come out of the stage entrance with music, with his WWE shirt on.. I don't think it kills the angle.. it could be HHH doing what's right for the business.. I think it sets up a Champion vs Champion match at Summerslam.

I'm not going to sit here and say I know more than other people who have written articles and columns about this, clearly I don't. But I think people need to step back and instead of damning the WWE for not going in a certain direction, try to see it from a different perspective. Sure, having the belt off of wwe would have sold the "I left with your title" angle, but maybe that was never the plan.. maybe Punk and HHH were in cahoots. It was all a grand scheme for Trips to take control of the company... who knows? Do i think Punk could have been brought back slightly differently? Yes. Was it too soon? Not if you want a match at Summerslam. Which the WWE does. It's their 2nd biggest Pay Per view. Why wouldn't they want their biggest star right now on that card?

Let me also say this. John Cena played that perfectly. The confusion... "that's not Alberto...".. to "Welcome back" to Punk.. then his reaction when Punk got a massive pop for holding his "real" championship up. John Cena is the top guy for a reason. He deserves respect. I have a massive amount of respect for him. You should too.

That's about it, I feel a more specific blog post forming in my head about something, but i'm not sure what.. stay tuned, hopefully it will materialise and form and then get written in the next few days.


Oh, and if you want to know how big CM Punk is right now.. I had a friend who has never watched wrestling and really didn't know the first thing about it ask me "who's this CM Punk guy I keep hearing about" last week. Austin 3:16.. meet CM Punk.. the voice of the voiceless.

What's it like to me be? You will never, ever know!



Follow me on twitter @TheACMouthpiece ... and remember.. #CenaIsBeets (That's for you @CouchPirateJake)

No comments:

Post a Comment