September 8, 2011

Mr Future Endeavours

It's that time again. Time for another dose of mouthpiece-ing. With me, The Aussie Mouthpiece.
let's talk about the wwe this week. Specifically RAW. As Smackdown hasn't been on TV yet and I'm not the kind who spoils things.

So let's talk about RAW.

My first thoughts after my first viewing? Let down.
For the first week since "that" promo, this week hasn't quite lived up to the previous week's episodes.

CM Punk was still right on the ball, he was great. Triple H was still good. But the story wasn't as satisfying, at least to me.

Then I saw that little news item that was posted recently.. about Kevin Nash.. anyone else seen it? "Kevin Nash has been released".
That was when I got it. I understood.

I'll get to that later.

So Punk opens RAW, says some stuff about being different, and then we get Kevin Nash.
By the way Punk, I got the Super Shredder reference. Awesome. I like bearded giraffe too.

I mean, CM Punk never fails to deliver, he's constantly trying to better himself, and better the company. Plus, this whole thing is staying within that foggy area of "is it real".. The little jabs Punk takes, maybe they aren't planned (i don't think they are), because the other guys reactions are really "real". That word has a bit of a different meaning in wrestling. "real". \

Like when HHH's music hit, and Punk kept talking. saying "i'm not done..." That never used to happen. I don't remember anyone talking over someone else's entrance music.

So now the big mystery is solved. And wow.. that was a big let down. Like someone just let the air out of a big bearded balloon.
Why would Kevin Nash send a text to himself? Money? .. no.. he wanted to make the WWE cool? But.. this is Kevin Nash. He's the guy that openly says he's about money.. I suppose the only thing that is still unanswered is if somebody else tipped him off to send the text? But that's starting to sound a bit far-fetched to me.

Nash still doesn't sound completely comfortable on the microphone either. "I'm your FRIEND!"... I don't know what it is, but something's not quite right.
I just noticed something too, while Nash was getting in Triple H. Hopefully there's some kind of footage of that, because i bet it's gold.

So Nash is fired... what? Didn't make any sense.. they've built up a Nash/Punk match for 3 or 4 weeks now, and then they "fire" him? ... Punk's last little jab was awesome. "haa haaaa.. best of luck in your future endeavours". Also, that was another of those little things they keep putting in that don't seem important, but really is.
Then Laurinitis joins him in a limo? Why was there a limo for Nash if he was fired? ... think about it.

And then today, he's "released"? I guess they thought Nash needed yet another nickname. I'm fairly sure we'll see him back as some kind of pivotal element in a bigger power struggle. The really annoying thing is they keep making it almost impossible not to order Night of Champions.

Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne, are NOT going to revamp the tag team division. You put two singles wrestlers together, occasionally it works and they form a great team. Los guerreros, Big Show and Kane.. Undertaker and Kane.. But most of the time it just seems like two guys thrown together for some other reason. like to eventually turn one against the other.

If the WWE really wants to re-ignite the tag teams and make it a relevant part of their TV, they need actual teams. There is one actual tag team in the WWE right now. But they're not the ones having a match on RAW, Khali and his.. whatever Jinder Mahal is get the match. Why not showcase a Tag team instead of use the tag team champions to further a boring storyline for khali and mahal?

Speaking of Tag Team matches, Miz and Truth are going to be going for the tag team titles? ... If the tag titles meant anything now that would be great, it would keep Miz in the big spotlight, and help continue R-Truth's push.
But they don't mean much of anything.
It's a step back for Miz. Headlining wrestlemania, to a last minute match on Summerslam. Not good.

Divas. Who cares. Kelly Kelly is not good in the ring, i don't really want to hear what she has to say, I just want to see her without the belt. Also I want to see that belt go back to the Women's championship. Diva's title is a joke. Women's title means something.

Punk and Truth had a good match, Miz out there keeps him around, even though he should have a bigger role I think.
So Triple H comes out, tells Punk the match is now No DQ. Because HE changed it. Triple H used his power to make the match the way he wants. He's essentially a heel boss, but no one is booing him. It's interesting. And then he says "If i don't get it all out of my system, I might just fire you too".

Here's my take. The big payoff, the bigger picture, is HHH will be said to be "unfit to be the COO" by someone. Either Laurinitis, or Vince. Maybe we'll see Nash/HHH, with Nash being the guy wrestling on behalf of whoever the other guy is.
At Survivor series.
And, at Night of Champions, the Punk/HHH match won't end cleanly.


King and Zack Ryder? That's interesting.
And it seems that they're FINALLY giving Zack a little push, showing a promo package of his TLIS show, and in ring work.
Otunga is going to go nowhere, and if they don't give Hennig his actual name.. .. well they need to change his name.

I thought it was kind of interesting they put all the little jabs Ryder takes on his show into that promo package.. "i'm trying to get over/i can draw money/no-one pushes Zack Ryder" etc.

Why is Heath Slater on tv? Why not Randy vs Cody Rhodes/Dolph Ziggler/ANYONE ELSE!

Hey.. John Cena took a shot at The Rock. Bout damn time.

The main event was what it was. A way to show off a bunch of talent. And it's good that they do that.
Also I think i figured out the reason for the Raw Supershow concept. Smackdown is going to be live, and they're A: trying to promote Smackdown, and B: getting the Smackdown guys used to live tv.


So it wasn't a bad show by any stretch of the imagination. It just didn't have that same awesome feeling. Maybe it's because of the Supershow thing. Who knows.

Anyway, I'm about done for this installment. Remember, leave me a comment and tell me what you think, and follow me on twitter if you're not already @TheOZMouthpiece

That's it, and that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment